Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan works with many pharmacies in Los Angeles County. And we cover a wide range of brand-name and generic drugs.
- Need a prescription filled?
- Bring your Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan card and your prescription to a network pharmacy. You can also use a network mail-order pharmacy.
- Commonly used over-the-counter (OTC) items are available once you receive a prescription from your provider. You can find these items in the List of Covered Drugs under Tier 4.
- See what drugs we cover
- Download the List of Covered
Drugs (Drug List)
Need a printed copy of the List of Covered Drugs (Drug List)?
Call Pharmacy Member Services toll free at 1-833-214-3606 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ask us to mail you a Drug List. You can order by phone whether or not you’re already a member.
If you are already a member, you can e-mail us to ask for a printed Drug List. When you e-mail us, we will call you to verify your membership so we send you the right Drug List.
- Getting a temporary supply
- In some cases, we can give you a temporary supply of a drug that is not on the Drug List or when it is limited in some way. More information about a temporary supply can be found here.
- Find a pharmacy in our network
- Download a copy of the Provider and Pharmacy Directory
- Don’t see your pharmacy? See Chapter 5 of your Member Handbook to find out about out-of-network coverage.
- Mail-order pharmacy
As an Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan member, you can get prescription drugs shipped directly to your home through IngenioRx Home Delivery. IngenioRx, Inc. is an independent company providing pharmacy benefit management services on behalf of your health plan.
- To get order forms and information about filling your prescriptions by mail and/or sign up for automated mail-order delivery, call IngenioRx Home Delivery at 1-833-203-1738 (TTY: 711) or Pharmacy Member Services at 1-833-214-3606 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The call is free. You can also download the IngenioRx Mail Service Order Form here.
- You can expect to receive your drugs within 14 days after you place your order. If your mail-order drugs do not arrive within 14 days, you should call IngenioRx Home Delivery at 1-833-203-1738 (TTY: 711) or Pharmacy Member Services at 1-833-214-3606 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The call is free.
- File an appeal or grievance
Information on appeals and grievances
- How we make decisions
- Coverage determinations and exceptions
- Appointment of Representative Form
- Redetermination Request Form (PDF)
- Coverage Determination Form (PDF)
- Prescription Drug Claim Form (PDF)
- 2020 Prior Authorization Criteria (PDF)
- 2020 Step Therapy Criteria (PDF)
- Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)