Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan works with many pharmacies in Los Angeles County. And we cover a wide range of brand-name and generic drugs.
- Need a prescription filled?
- Bring your Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan card and your prescription to a network pharmacy. You can also use a network mail-order pharmacy.
- See what drugs we cover
- Download the List of Covered
Drugs (Drug List)
Need a printed copy of the List of Covered Drugs (Drug List)?
Call Pharmacy Member Services toll free at 1-833-214-3606 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ask us to mail you a Drug List. You can order by phone whether or not you’re already a member.
If you are already a member, you can e-mail us to ask for a printed Drug List. When you e-mail us, we will call you to verify your membership so we send you the right Drug List.
- Getting a temporary supply
- In some cases, we can give you a temporary supply of a drug that is not on the Drug List or when it is limited in some way. More information about a temporary supply can be found here.
- Find a pharmacy in our network
- Download a copy of the Provider and Pharmacy Directory
- Don’t see your pharmacy? See Chapter 5 of your Member Handbook to find out about out-of-network coverage.
- Mail-order pharmacy
As an Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan member, you can get prescription drugs shipped directly to your home through IngenioRx* Home Delivery. IngenioRx, Inc. is an independent company providing pharmacy benefit management services on behalf of your health plan.
- To get order forms and information about filling your prescriptions by mail and/or sign up for automated mail-order delivery, call IngenioRx Home Delivery at 1-833-203-1738 (TTY: 711) or Pharmacy Member Services at 1-833-214-3606 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The call is free. You can also download the IngenioRx Mail Service Order Form here.
- You can expect to receive your drugs within 14 days after you place your order. If your mail-order drugs do not arrive within 14 days, you should call IngenioRx Home Delivery at 1-833-203-1738 (TTY: 711) or Pharmacy Member Services at 1-833-214-3606 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The call is free.
- File an appeal or grievance
Information on appeals and grievances
- How we make decisions
- Coverage determinations and exceptions
- Appointment of Representative Form
- Redetermination Request Form (PDF)
- Coverage Determination Form (PDF)
- Prescription Drug Claim Form (PDF)
- 2020 Prior Authorization Criteria (PDF)
- 2020 Step Therapy Criteria (PDF)
- Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)