Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect works with many pharmacies in Los Angeles County. And we cover a wide range of brand-name and generic drugs.
- Need a prescription filled?
- Bring your Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect card and your prescription to a network pharmacy. You can also use a network mail-order pharmacy.
- See what drugs we cover
- Download the formulary (Drug List)
Need a printed copy of the Formulary (Drug List)?
Call Member Services at 1-888-350-3447 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to ask us to mail you a formulary. You can order by phone whether or not you’re already a member.
If you are already a member, you can e-mail us to ask for a printed formulary. When you e-mail us, we will call you to verify your membership so we send you the right formulary.
- Getting a temporary supply
- In some cases, we can give you a temporary supply of a drug that is not on the drug list or when it is limited in some way. More information about a temporary supply can be found here.
- Find a pharmacy in our network
- Download a copy of the Provider and Pharmacy Directory
- Don’t see your pharmacy? See your Member handbook to find out about out-of-network coverage.
- Mail-order pharmacy
As an Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect Plan member, you can get prescription drugs shipped directly to your home through Express Scripts, our network mail-order pharmacy program.
- To get order forms and information about filling your prescriptions by mail, call Express Scripts Mail Order department at 1-866-830-3883 (TTY 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or visit the Express Scripts Website.
- Express Scripts, Inc., Home Delivery Pharmacy Order Form (PDF)
- You can expect to receive your drugs within 14 days after you place your order. If your mail-order drugs do not arrive within 14 days, you should call Member Services at 1-888-350-3447 (TTY 711).
- As a member, you may be able to sign up for automated mail-order delivery of all new prescriptions at any time by calling 1-866-830-3883 (TTY 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or going to www.express-scripts.com.
- File an appeal or grievance
Information on appeals and grievances
- How we make decisions
- Coverage determinations and exceptions
- Appointment of Representative Form
- Redetermination Request Form (PDF)
- Coverage Determination Form (PDF)
- Prescription Drug Claim Form (PDF)
- 2019 Prior Authorization Criteria (PDF)
- 2019 Step Therapy Criteria (PDF)
- Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)